Fickle – changing frequently, especially in regards to one’s loyalties, interest, or affection.
In Hosea chapter 10 the people were getting richer and richer. Their loyalties kept changing. They were no longer defined by God but by whatever god they could make, and it kept changing.
Hosea chapter 14, God calls them back. He asks them to confess their sin. To ask for forgiveness, to be accepted by the Lord and to offer praises. God say when you do this I will heal you of your faithlessness; for my love knows no bounds and my anger will be gone forever!
The Lord asks them and us to stay away from idols, thing that take God’s place in our lives. All that we need comes from Him. He says those who are wise and have discernment will understand these things. For the ways of the Lord are true and right, and righteous people live by walking in them. But in the Lords true and right paths, sinners stumble and fall.
Jesus is our example of someone who live a life free from fickleness. (1 Peter 2:24)
In Matthew 4, Jesus is led into the wilderness to be tempted.
- Man’s number one temptation – FOOD! Jesus knew, understood, and didn’t waver. Man does not live by bread alone, but by ever word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.
- Man’s desire to test the limits of life – You must not test the Lord your God.
- Man’s desire to be important – You must worship the Lord you God and serve only Him.
Jesus never swayed from who He was or His purpose.
He is our example. We must put on the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16).
Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.
The mind of Christ is never fickle. To live in the mind of Christ we must rely on His Holy Spirit. He will teach us all things and lead us into all truth.
It is time to put our complete trust in the Lord, rise up, go in the strength we have. Our strength is not in what we can do, it must be in God.
- He helps us stand strong!
- He gives the wisdom we need!
- He empowers us to live a life that is pleasing to Him.
- He gives us the faith to believe!
God’s grace is all we need. His power works best in our weakness!
- Put your focus solidly on Christ!
- No more fickleness!
- Rise up!
- Stand firm!
- Put all your trust, hope, and expectancy in the Lord.
- He will direct your steps.