The book of Ecclesiastes can be discouraging. King Solomon is sharing with his readers his search for the meaning of life. He doesn’t find in it pleasures, work, wealth, wisdom, he says it is all meaningless. He finally decides the only thing man can do is to eat, drink and be merry! But His final bit of wisdom he leaves with his readers gets to the purpose of life……
Eccl. 12:13-14 That’s the whole story, Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey His commands, for this is everyone’s duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad.
The New Testament shows us the purpose of life Romans 14:17, The kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness (righteousness), peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
These are things we can’t buy, right standing with God, peace, joy – they seem to slip through our fingers.
Yet God blesses those who accept what He has done through His son, Jesus – Ephesians 1:3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.
Being untied with Christ releases spiritual blessings. BUT what are they? If you continue to read through Ephesians 1 and 2 you will find many spiritual blessings:
- God sees us as holy and without fault in His eyes
- He has adopted us into His family through Jesus
- He has blessed us with rich kindness
- His grace
- Freedom from our sins
- Showered us with wisdom
- He has revealed His mystery to us
- We have been given an inheritance
- He chose us in advance
- We are identified as His own
- He has given us His Spirit to identify us as His children
- Strong faith
- Love for God’s people
- Spiritual wisdom
- Spiritual insight
- to be able to grow in the knowledge of God
- He has flooded our hearts with light & understanding
- Given us confident hope
- Understanding of God’s great power
- Made us part of His body
- Made us full and complete by Christ Jesus
- By God’s grace we have been saved!
- He raised us from the dead. (those He hasn’t raised from the dead) Ecclesiastes 5:17 They live under a cloud, frustrated, discouraged and angry.
- Seated with Christ in heavenly places
- God sees us as His MASTERPIECE!
- We have been united with Christ and brought near to God
- We have PEACE! – Hostility has ended
- We are carefully joined with the Father/Son/Holy Spirit
- God lives in us by His Spirit
We only receive these Spiritual blessings because we believe in Christ Jesus and what He has accomplished on the cross. We are saved by grace! We cannot purchase any of these things. They are Spiritual Blessings released to us because of our faith, belief is Christ!
Freely you have received these things. Freely give them out to others!
Heb. 6:7 When the ground soaks up the falling rain and bears a good crop for the farmer it has God’s blessings.
May each believer soak up the many Spiritual Blessings the Father has poured into us through His Son Jesus and may we produce a good crop for our Father in Heaven.