Believe definition – accept something as true, feel sure of, truth, convinced, trust,confidence in, consider honest, real, truthful.
Jesus died on the cross for us so we can be the children of God. Our actions will show our belief in Jesus death and resurrection.. Our new life with Jesus is real, alive, exciting. Or it should be……. We don’t get to pick and choose what we want to believe. We must accept all of Jesus.
What hinders us? Our double-mindedness
James 1:6 Be sure your faith is in God alone. Do not waver – (if you are double-minded you are unstable)
Double-mindedness means we are torn in 2 directions.
Satan wants to make sure believers, Christians, stay unsure, in a state of confusion. Willing to compromise, unsteady, wavering, restless, confused in thoughts and actions, inner conflict. One minute certain and the next doubting. One minute compassionate and the next disliking even hating.
- I believe Jesus can heal….just not for……
- By His stripes we were healed (1 Peter 2:24)
- I know I am to respect and honor people but they don’t deserve it.
- take delight in honoring each other (Rom. 12:10)
- I have faith…..but not for this.
- Without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6)
- I love this person……but talk about them behind their back.
- Your love to one another will prove to the world you are my disciples (John 13:34)
- Be faithful ….. but do you know what they said, did….
- If you are faithful in little things you will be faithful in large ones. (Luke 16:10)
- use self-control…..I don’t have any.
- Fruit of the Spirit,…..self control (Gal. 5:22-23)
- Be patient…..I am not a patient person.
- Fruit of the Spirit…..patience (Gal. 5:22-23)
- Live in peace with all men….they are impossible to live peacefully with.
- Do all that you can to live at peace with all men. (Romans 12:18)
- Love others….Oh I love them, I just don’t like them. I don’t have to be around them.
- Always be humble an gentle. Be patient with each other making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. (Eph. 4:2)
Double-mindedness can exist in all areas of our lives. How do we ever conquer it?
Become single focused! Our single focus must be Jesus!
Luke 11:34-36 Make sure your eyes are filled with the light! Don’t think on the negative, evil, bad!
Philippians 4 tells us to be joyful, rejoice! Don’t worry – pray about everything. Be thankful! His peace will guard our hearts and minds as we live in Christ! Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise
Philippians 2 God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him. No complaining or arguing. Live clean innocent lives as children of God!
There is no time for to be double-minded. We are to have the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16). Jesus was not double-minded. He knew exactly what the Father wanted and how we were designed to live and He lived it out completely so we know how to live.
May the truth of God’s words direct our lives! May we look to Him without doubt or reservation. May He become the center of every part of our lives!
Believe in the one He sent, JESUS! May all of our actions show it!